How many times have you said to yourself, “this is going to be my year”? And, how many times was it actually your year?
For many people, New Year’s Resolutions are made just as quickly as they are broken. In other words, there is not much thought given to HOW you are going to achieve your goals or obtain your resolutions. It sounds all too familiar, you make a list of all the things you want to happen next year and before January is even over, you had either given up on half of your list or completely gotten sidetracked by life.
So how do you stick to you 2019 New Years resolutions?
- You must have a plan. Simply saying you are going to lose 20 pounds in 3 months is not enough. Even saying that you are going to go to the gym every day is not enough. Your plan must be detailed and well orchestrated. This means that you need to know what days you are going to the gym, what time you are going to the gym, how much time you will spend at the gym and what type of regime you will embark on at the gym. The same concept applies to business as well. Let’s say you want to make a certain amount of money a month. How do you actually accomplish your business goals?
You have to reverse engineer in order to create a plan that is actionable and results-Oriented
2. Once you have determined how much money you want to make for the month, you have to figure out a couple of other pertinent details. Ask yourself, “Ideally, how many clients would you like to work with for the month?” Once you determine how many clients you want to work with for the month and your monthly revenue goal, then you need to determine how much to charge/sell each client. For example: if you wanted to make $10,000 a month and only work with 4 clients that month, you would need to bring in 4 clients who invest around $2,500 for the month. Now that you have your number of how much you need to get each client to invest, you have to determine what it is that you can sell them that will get you to that number.
Do you have any packages that have bundled products or services for a set fee? Do you have ancillary products or upsells you can add-on to the main product or service?
You have to be laser-focused and cut out all unneccessary distractions
3. You have to be brave enough to clean house. By “clean house” I mean get rid of ANYONE or ANYTHING that distracts you from your end goal. Getting rid of the distraction simply means breaking ties with that person or anything else that may serve as a distraction. So, if you have a boyfriend that is way more drama then he’s worth, it may be time to kiss him goodbye. If you have a friend that is a “negative Nelly” and does nothing but complain all the time and brings you down; it may be time to break away from that friendship.
You have to be willing to do what others are not willing to do
4. I remember when I was in Corporate America and every night I would go home and sit with my laptop and work. However, it was not just work; it was about being strategic. I would plan who I would cold call the next day, research their business and have something interesting and helpful to point out about their business. Other colleagues were out having drinks with friends, out on dates, watching movies all evening or just about doing anything but working. They were not willing to put in the extra time or effort, so how could they expect to get the results I was? The answer is they couldn’t and they didn’t. On the same token, they were jealous of my success but didn’t realize that I was putting in all these extra hours outside of what was required of me. I did it for me, I did it because I was ambitious and I knew that in sales, the more I sold, the more money I make.
If you’re not willing to put in the work, don’t criticize or be jealous of Others who are more successful than you
5. Consider journaling: keeping a diary of your successes, how certain experiences happened and how you reacted to them. By writing down your successes and your failures, you will have more clarity on what is working and what is not. Journaling also helps keep you accountable. You can make a to-do list or action items and check them off once you have completed them. Furthermore, you can find a safe place to express your feelings without having to talk to anyone (if you are not ready to seek outside guidance or advice).
Make 2019 Your Best Year Yet and Keep Your Resolutions
Remember, you are in control of your own destiny. YOU have the power within you to make 2019 your best year and keep your resolutions, however, you must be:
willing to make sacrifices
have a positive attitude
In addition, you must have the right mindset; your mindset will dictate your success. Without the right mindset, you will not succeed. So check your attitude at the door and first things first, get in the right mindset before proceeding to any of the steps above.
Lipstick: Dior Limited Edition